Canada's No.1 Lawn Mixture
New Lawn Seeding Tips
1. Ensure that you have a minimum of 10 cm of good top soil.
2. Make sure you have a fine smooth seed bed. Remove all stones, lumps and other debris
3. Apply starter fertilizer at the recommended rate.
4. Apply the seed evenly (approximately 2.3 TO 3.2 KG 5 to 7 lbs per 1000 sq.ft.) If using a spreader, apply half going horizontally and the other half going vertically.
5. Rake or roll the soil lightly after applying the seed.
6. Keep the area moist by frequent light watering until the seed is established.
7. Depending on the grass species, under ideal growing conditions some seed will germinate in one week, while others take four weeks.
8. Seed germinates best when temperatures are 15°-26°C. Seed applied at cooler temperatures may take longer to emerge.
9. For best results, apply in early to mid-spring or early fall.
1. Rake the bare or thin areas vigorously to loosen the soil and to remove debris.
2. For thickening up purposes, apply at half the recommended rate.
3. For patching up purposes , apply at the full recommended rate.
4. Apply a thin layer of topsoil on patched up areas.
5. Follow points 5 to 9 on the new seeding tips above.